Discussion forum about PANORAMIC language
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Discussion forum about PANORAMIC language

Mac, Windows & Android application development with PANORAMIC language

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» What happened with the panoramic language ?
by Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:09 pm

» Hello world.
by Wed May 09, 2018 11:53 pm

» Biomorphes de PICKOVER
by Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:33 am

» In less than 10 lines of code
by Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:03 am

» Effect Dopler
by Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:29 am

» SuperEllipse
by Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:01 am

» Plants
by Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:38 am

» Mira's attractor
by Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:30 am

» Triangle of Sierpinski
by Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:22 am

» Esthétique polaire
by Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:16 am

» Butterfly effect : Lorenz equations
by Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:08 am

» Collision detection
by Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:09 am

» The Bees Laline Paull Epub Books
by Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:58 pm

» PANORAMIC for Mac OSX 10 is available
by Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:08 pm

» ide
by Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:27 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

EXECUTE: impossible to give parameters? PRINT: how to Locate

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JL35

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-11-24

EXECUTE: impossible to give parameters? PRINT: how to Locate Empty
PostSubject: EXECUTE: impossible to give parameters? PRINT: how to Locate   EXECUTE: impossible to give parameters? PRINT: how to Locate EmptySat Nov 24, 2007 11:54 pm

EXECUTE: It is impossible to onpass parameters to the called program (because the line MUST end with exe ?)
- possible: EXECUTE "MyProg.exe"
- impossible: EXECUTE "MyProg.exe param1 param2 ..."

PRINT command: is it possible to PRINT a text at a given location (top, left) on an object ? like in QBasic LOCATE y,x. Otherwise it always begins Print at the upper left corner of the object.
(except defining a new object:
alpha n
top n,y
left n,x
Caption n,text$)

Read (or write) files: it seems only possible to read Ascii files, with delimiters.
Could it be possible to read a string of n binary bytes beginning at the current pointer ?
And read or position the current pointer itself?
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: EXECUTE: impossible to give parameters? PRINT: how to Locate   EXECUTE: impossible to give parameters? PRINT: how to Locate EmptyTue Nov 27, 2007 11:05 pm

EXECUTE : it is not possible to pass parameters to the called program. I will see how to make it possible.

PRINT in an object : Same, I will see how to do it.

FILE : it is possible to handle only ASCII files, for the moment. OK, it is a good idea to read n bytes from a given position.
Back to top Go down
https://panoramic.forumotion.com
JL35

PostSubject: Re: EXECUTE: impossible to give parameters? PRINT: how to Locate   EXECUTE: impossible to give parameters? PRINT: how to Locate EmptyWed Nov 28, 2007 11:56 pm

Thank you very much for your positive answers ! I wait for the upgrades...

Concerning FILES (binary or not), I would say read OR write a given number of bytes from a given position (into, or from an Ascii string)

PRINT: what about a possibility to print to the implied Printer instead of screen (like LPRINT), incidentally fixing characters font and size ?
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

PostSubject: Re: EXECUTE: impossible to give parameters? PRINT: how to Locate   EXECUTE: impossible to give parameters? PRINT: how to Locate EmptyThu Nov 29, 2007 11:27 pm

Concerning the files, I will give the possibility to READ and WRITE a certain number of bytes from a given position.

To print on a printer, to choose a printer among the available printers are features I have also to develop.

PANORAMIC is still under development, and I plan also to use peripherals with serial link, parallel link and USB. I plan to interface a joystick, to use databases in dBase, Paradox, SQL format, to drive Excel, Word, OpenOffice, to add a lot of new graphical system objects : LEDs, 7 segments display, dials with needles, bargraphs, ...

But a day has only 24 hours...
Back to top Go down
JL35

PostSubject: Re: EXECUTE: impossible to give parameters? PRINT: how to Locate   EXECUTE: impossible to give parameters? PRINT: how to Locate EmptyFri Nov 30, 2007 12:06 am

I understand it is a very big job, so I'll try to be patient !
Nevertheless, I think some functions are more useful than others...
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

PostSubject: Re: EXECUTE: impossible to give parameters? PRINT: how to Locate   EXECUTE: impossible to give parameters? PRINT: how to Locate EmptySat Dec 01, 2007 8:52 pm

Yoy can download new versions of PANORAMIC_IDE and of PANORAMIC_EDITOR. It is now possible to launch an external program and to pass parameters to it.
The command is EXECUTE, the syntax of which is modified to accept now optional parameters:
EXECUTE "PRG.EXE" to launch PRG.EXE without parameter,
EXECUTE "PRG.EXE 20" to launch PRG.EXE and to pass 20 as parameter,
EXECUTE "PRG.EXE 20 5" to launch PRG.EXE and to pass 20 and 5 as parameters, etc.

It is also possible to use the content of variables:
Code:
a$="PRG.EXE"
b$="20"
EXECUTE a$+" "+b$
Back to top Go down
Sbleck

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: About some desired features...   EXECUTE: impossible to give parameters? PRINT: how to Locate EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 12:32 am

Hi,

panoramic wrote:
Concerning the files, I will give the possibility to READ and WRITE a certain number of bytes from a given position.

To print on a printer, to choose a printer among the available printers are features I have also to develop.

PANORAMIC is still under development, and I plan also to use peripherals with serial link, parallel link and USB. I plan to interface a joystick, to use databases in dBase, Paradox, SQL format, to drive Excel, Word, OpenOffice, to add a lot of new graphical system objects : LEDs, 7 segments display, dials with needles, bargraphs, ...

But a day has only 24 hours...

Congratulations. Panoramic is a very nice development environment. Was easy to put some lines of code working as expected. But I really wanted to have the features you commented, regarding to have acess to databases (natively and in SQL format too).

But please consider the following items as suggestions for what I collected during my initial evaluation of the tool you offered:

- "No Lines" menu could be an option in the Option menu, as a suggestion;

- The same, for the "Run (F9)" menu, as another suggestion. It could be in the File menu. But maintain the button, in the toolbar;

- Having another "Save as..." option would be very interesting, because everytime the source code should be saved (using "Save") before running it (after some correction made in the code), everytime should be specified the file name to be saved, including the fact that you should confirm it again and again. Appear to be like the same behaviour as "Save as" (in other tools). Put a hotkey for "Save", like "Ctrl-S". The same behaviour, for the "Save" button in the toolbar;

- Some error messages could be more useful if there could show the line and what (the cause) really happened and what should be done, to correct it. During my initial testings I made some mistakes but couldn´t find a valid reason, only because I was trying to understand how should I use the editor;

- A debugger and variable inspector should be very important, when checking what problem is really happening (putting the cursor in the current line being processed, if possible too);

- Add the possibility for opening more source codes at the same time, in the editor. This could add more usability for cut-and-paste code between other project;

- Add the possibility for defining a place (specific folder) for the projects and source code, in the options;

- Please add more complete samples in the reference manual, to be possible to understand how to use some command or function;

- Maybe could be useful to use links to be possible to check another referenced command;

- Remove some limitations to be more easily adopted by others, only because is still under development (is very hard to pay for something in development);

- Couldn´t understand why having "Executable (.exe)" and "Application (.exe)" options in the File menu. Could you clarify the difference between them ?

- Could you add more examples about how to use DLLs ?

Rgds,
Sbleck
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

PostSubject: Re: EXECUTE: impossible to give parameters? PRINT: how to Locate   EXECUTE: impossible to give parameters? PRINT: how to Locate EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 1:20 pm

Be sure that all your suggestions will be deeply examined.
I'm glad to receive ideas to improve panoramic.

For the moment, I can answer for two points.

Executable and application:
An executable does not contain external files, but an application contains all the external files of the source directory.
So, per example, if in the source you have a statement like FILE_LOAD, the file is loaded from the application.
To distribute an application, it is easy: you have not to distribute all the files called in the source, but only one file: the application itself.

Full version:
By the end of July a full and free version will be available for downloading.
Back to top Go down
Sbleck

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: EXECUTE: impossible to give parameters? PRINT: how to Locate   EXECUTE: impossible to give parameters? PRINT: how to Locate EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 9:45 pm

panoramic wrote:
Be sure that all your suggestions will be deeply examined.
I'm glad to receive ideas to improve panoramic.

For the moment, I can answer for two points.

Executable and application:
An executable does not contain external files, but an application contains all the external files of the source directory.
So, per example, if in the source you have a statement like FILE_LOAD, the file is loaded from the application.
To distribute an application, it is easy: you have not to distribute all the files called in the source, but only one file: the application itself.

Full version:
By the end of July a full and free version will be available for downloading.

Hi,

Thanks for clarify the difference of executables and applications. Now, I understood that the executable doesn´t contained all the files mentioned in the file_load statement, but when compiling through Application choice, all files that would be referenced by file_load statement would be inserted in the final executable.

But will know more about the databases acess possibilites, also.

Researched in the help examples and documentation and would ask about the variable limits (32 or 64 bits, for the integer ?), of course too...

Rgds,
Sven
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EXECUTE: impossible to give parameters? PRINT: how to Locate   EXECUTE: impossible to give parameters? PRINT: how to Locate Empty

Back to top Go down

EXECUTE: impossible to give parameters? PRINT: how to Locate
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Discussion forum about PANORAMIC language :: Panoramic for Windows :: Help?-
Jump to: